PRP Hair REstoration
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatments have become well established in the medical community as a safe and effective way to revive dormant hair follicles.
Plateletes are specialized cells in your blood that are well known to produce several important growth factors.
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) stimulates skin and collagen production
- Transforming Growth Factor (TGF) promotes growth of new blood vessels
- Fibroblast Growth Factor promotes new blood vessels and granulation , both of which are important in tissue repair
- Platelet-derived Growth Factor (PDGF) draws in macrophages and fibrobasts to injury sites and promotes collagen growth and proteoglycan synthesis
- Collagen Stimulating Growth Factor
- Keratinocyte Growth Factor (KGF) which optimizes conditions for healing and generation of new skin
PRP treatments involve the drawing the patients own blood (similar to a simple lab blood draw), centrifuging the blood to separate the platelets from the other blood componenents, and then re-injecting the high concentration of platelets back into the desired area of treatment (scalp for hair loss, facial skin for fine lines and wrinkles). Upon injection, the platelets are activated to release at least eight essential growth factors to help to revive dormant hair follicles (if used in hair restoration) or stimulate collagen production (if used in skin rejuvenation).
How many treatments will it take?
Most patients will require 3-4 treatments spaced-out about 6 wks apart. Afterwards maintenance treatments are recommended 1-2 times a year.
How long does it take to see results?
Typically takes 3-6 months to start seeing results. However, some patients may not see noticeable results for 6-12 months.
Are there side effects?
Because we are using the patient's own blood products (autologous transplant), there is very little risk of adverse effects other than rare chance of skin infection (with any procedure that uses needles), bruising, and temporary tenderness at the site of injections.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Call 517-336-1200 to schedule your consultation visit. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!